Hello RDYO Families,
We are very excited to let you know that we have secured the details for opening our Richmond Delta Youth Orchestra 50th season. We hope your return to school has been smooth, and that you are ready for Orchestra rehearsals to resume this Saturday, September 19th. While obviously things will “look” different we know that this will be a remarkable season of music making in very unique circumstances. We are thrilled to have the amazing conductors, management staff and you – our musicians and families – to make this happen.
As you know from previous emails we will be using a hybrid- remote and in-person – model to ensure safety and allow for families to determine their level of participation and comfort.ALL details are in the registration information you will receive from Nadia Petriw – PLEASE READ THESE CAREFULLY. This HYBRID model has been developed to allow us flexibility should recommendations and guidelines change in the Lower Mainland. We know our musicians want to be together and to this end our Orchestra Manager, Nadia, has gone to great lengths to secure a fantastic location in South Arm United Church that will rent us spaces and is meeting all of the provincial health requirements. The in-person rehearsal schedule will be confirmed before September 26th as we continue to receive registrations and update our ensemble numbers.
The graphic below shows how RDYO has made changes as required by the Provincial Health Office and British Columbia Centre for Disease Control to ensure your child’s safety while allowing for the best possible in-person rehearsal experiences.
The explanation for each step is immediately below. Our updated safety plan will be sent out in the coming days after board approval.
The RDYO Plan is informed by the above Provincial Health structure
All Public Health Orders are to be followed at all times
- Environmental Measures
- South Arm United Church has been secured as our first in-person rehearsal location. They have a series of guidelines we must follow when in their space including hand sanitizing, following markings on the floor to guide physical distancing, and regular disinfecting practices.
- Traffic flow in the buildings with separate one-way entrances and exits
- Room capacities are determined to encourage physical distancing at all times
- Regular cleaning and disinfecting with appropriate products.
- Cleaning rules with janitorial staff in place for the rooms we use
- Administrative (organization) measures
- Division rehearsals will be scheduled with participants being limited to maximum 15 at a time (including the conductor and parent volunteer)
- Rehearsals are scheduled to allow for cleaning and ventilation of the space between groups
- Players will be generally grouped with the same students each week
- Players will not arrive early for rehearsals, remain afterwards or socialize outside of the rehearsal time and space
- Personal measures
- Anyone with symptoms of cold/flu/COVID is to stay home
- Online symptom/health check prior to EVERY in-person rehearsal
- Temperature check at entrance
- Physical distancing at ALL times of 2 meters
- Hand hygiene as indicated in the online plan
- Upon entry, as necessary throughout the rehearsal
- Individual musicians set up their own chair and stand
- NO sharing of any materials
- Anyone with symptoms of cold/flu/COVID is to stay home
- Personal Protective Equipment (the least effective measure of health safety)
- All participants in rehearsal will wear a mask
- Conductors and administrators will have plexiglass barriers
These items will be highlighted in our safety plan which will be sent out in a document to all families in the coming days. We are preparing for another great year, and I have a couple other specific items to share with you before the season begins.
AGM – September 26th at 10:00am
Our AGM has been delayed until September 26th at 10am so that we have adequate time to prepare our plans and information. Please consider attending to share in the discussion with our board of directors. If you are unable to attend the meeting, notes and information will be posted to the myRDYO website (www.rdyo.ca/myrdyo)
Our first rehearsal is this Saturday, September 19th. Please check the list below to confirm your rehearsal time. Zoom links will be sent by email. Please email email@example.com if you have not received your zoom link.
|10:00am – 11:00am|
|9:30am – 10:30pm|
|11:00am – 12:00pm|
|1:00pm – 2:00pm|
|1:30pm – 2:30pm|
|12:30pm – 1:30pm|
|11:15pm – 12:15pm|
- We are still looking for volunteers for Division Manager for each ensemble.
- As a Division Manager, your responsibilities may include: email correspondence between conductors and students, managing parent volunteers in your division, supervising online Zoom rehearsals, setting up chairs, chaperoning students, and assisting in disinfecting chairs after rehearsals.
- These division manager tasks will be part of the available volunteer tasks for this year. Participating in these duties for part of the year will satisfy your volunteer requirement.
- Please let me know if you are able to fill this role, as our ensembles cannot run smoothly without it.
- We are also looking for a librarian volunteer to assist in managing the library located at Brighouse United Church. Please let me know if this interests you and I can send you additional details.
We, Your RDYO Board of Directors are looking forward to seeing all of you at our ZOOM Annual General Meeting at 10:00am on September 26th. We have a few positions on the executive to fill and really hope you will consider putting your name forward to assist us in a year that will generate unique memories that will last a lifetime.
President (on behalf of the RDYO Board)
- 任何個人出現 感冒/發燒/新冠肺炎 症狀，不得參加線下排練
- 任何個人出現 感冒/發燒/新冠肺炎 症狀，不得參加線下排練
First Rehearsal 第一次排練
|Symphony Orchestra||10:00am – 11:00am|
|Senior Strings||9:30 am – 10:30pm|
|Intermediate Strings||11:00am – 12:00pm|
|Junior Strings||1:00pm – 2:00pm|
|Senior Winds||1:30pm – 2:30pm|
|Junior Winds||12:30pm – 1:30pm|
|Chamber Ensemble||11:15pm – 12:15pm|
- 作為小組管理者，您可能需要: 通過郵件方式聯絡指揮以及學生，管理您所在組別的家長志願者，監督您所在組別的線上排練，線下排練時監督學生排練前擺放椅子、保持安全距離以及排練後收好所用物品。
Hello RDYO Families!
We are excited to welcome you back to our RDYO 2020/21 season. We are still finalizing the details on our re-opening and safety plans and rehearsal schedule, but we are working towards a hybrid rehearsal model including both in-person and online rehearsals, or only online options for those families who choose to not participate in-person.
Check out our registration page and please pay your tuition fees for this season. If you have any questions about your tuition, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please mark these dates in your calendar:
– September 12: Video Audition Submission deadline (If you want to move up to the next division, please check the audition page to submit your video)
– September 19: First Rehearsal (online) – A welcome meeting and rehearsal for musicians and conductors.
– September 19: Annual General Meeting (online) – We will be sharing a lot of important information about the upcoming season, as well as electing the new Board of Directors. If you would like to get more involved with RDYO, this is your chance! We have several vacancies on the Board, and we are always excited to have new parents join us at the table.
– September 30: Deadline to pay tuition and volunteer deposits
Our musicians and conductors worked incredibly hard to create a variety of virtual performance projects, and we are excited to share them with you! Check out all of our ensemble videos below and we look forward to bringing you live performances again soon.
Come join your conductor and ensemble peers online this Saturday, April 4th for the first RDYO Zoom meeting! Intermediate Strings will be online from 10:30am-11:15am. We hope to see you then.
The link to access and password have been emailed to you. Please use a recognizable name as your username so that you can be admitted to the online chat. If you did not receive the login information, please email email@example.com.
Due to concerns regarding COVID-19, our annual scholarship competition is going online! The deadline to submit the online application and video audition is now April 22nd, 2020.
Online application: https://forms.gle/DZ5eknKkMh37VL3cA
Video audition guidelines: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1SLZWAJ6Kj3nLLlrZJhNKM5zhSJM8aroo/view?usp=sharing
Intermediate Strings Audition repertoire:
– One polished piece of your choosing
– Orchestral excerpts (as outlined below)
With the constantly changing health situation in BC and Canada, RDYO board of directors and staff have made the decision to cancel rehearsals for all ensembles until further notice. Our concern right now is the safety and health of our musicians and families, and although our ensembles fall within the current group guidelines, we are following the school districts and City of Richmond in their closures as well. In line with BC’s ban on gatherings of more than 50 people, we are also cancelling our April and May concerts. We recognize how disappointing this will be to our musicians, our conductors, and all our families.
Our president, Sarah, emailed families on Monday, March 16th with an update, and it has come to my attention that not all families received this email. As the situation continues to change, we will send at least weekly emails to maintain communication with our families. I am looking into the issue with our email lists, but please check our website for up to date information as well (under the MyRDYO tabs).
Regarding our annual Scholarship Competition, we are planning to go forward with it in an online format! I will be sending out instructions regarding making a video audition, and how to upload it, as well as the required excerpts by Monday, March 23. We look forward to this new format, and being able to connect with our musicians in this way. Our conductors are also working on other ideas for connecting online while maintaining our social distance. Stay tuned!
Decisions about our end of season plans and final concert will be announced as soon as we can.
As always, if you have any questions or concerns regarding anything in this email, or something I haven’t addressed, please do not hesitate to contact Robert at firstname.lastname@example.org or Nadia at email@example.com.
After checking the weather reports and road conditions, rehearsals will continue as scheduled today. If you are still uncertain about making it to rehearsals safely, please let your division manager know you will be absent. Please take your time driving to rehearsal today, and we look forward to seeing you all!
Please bring a friend to rehearsal!
Any concerns can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- We are busy preparing for our annual Music Development Camp at Camp Stillwood from October 11-13.
- If you want to take the bus, please ensure you bring the $35 payment to the admin table at Brighouse United Church on Saturday from 9am-2pm. This guarantees your ride to camp!
- Please submit your consent forms to the admin table at BUC or via email to email@example.com
- The schedule and packing list will be sent out later this week.
- A few more volunteer tasks to assist with camp have also been posted. Please sign up!
- If you have any questions about camp, please do not hesitate to contact Robert or Nadia.
- Our new shipment of purple t-shirts arrived! They are $11 each, and can be purchased from the admin table at BUC on Saturday from 9am-2pm.
- All camp attendees will need a purple t-shirt for the final concert
- All ensembles will need this shirt for outreach concerts throughout the year
- If you purchased the ticket package as part of your registration this year, please come to the admin table at BUC to pick up your voucher. This voucher will allow you to pick up your tickets throughout the year.
- Our annual concerto competition is open for registrations. The deadline to apply is October 15th! Policies and more details can be found here: Concerto Competition Application 2019/20