Community, Creativity, Courage
At Richmond Delta Youth Orchestra, we envision a world where every child has the courage and opportunity to become what they can be.
For over half a century, our mission has been to inspire a journey of self-discovery and belonging through exceptional youth orchestral training programs.
To inspire a journey of self-discovery and belonging through exceptional youth orchestral training programs.
RDYO implements programs in direct support of this mission, notably
- Professionally-directed musical ensembles, at various levels and for various instrument combinations, that provide training in and exposure to ensemble music-making
- Introductory musical training in a group setting
- Opportunities to be mentored and supported by experienced adult musicians
- Community outreach, providing entertainment and information to diverse groups by performing and educating in a variety of settings
- Representing the local community to a wider audience through touring and online publication
The Richmond Delta Youth Orchestra is operated by the Richmond Delta Youth Orchestra Society, a registered charity in the Province of British Columbia.
All RDYO families are encouraged to be active in the Society. Members of the community who are interested in RDYO and its operations, and who wish to be involved in the Board of Directors, are asked to submit a resume and cover letter to the President of the Board of Directors: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Delta Youth Orchestra circa 1974
The Richmond Delta Youth Orchestra is a professional orchestral preparation program for young musicians, providing instruction and performance opportunities in an ensemble setting. Founded in 1971, the Delta Youth Orchestra operated in Ladner for more than 40 years. In 2013, the Orchestra changed its name to the Richmond Delta Youth Orchestra to reflect its growing membership in the City of Richmond. Today, RDYO comprises seven divisions and enrolls over 160 young musicians from all over Metro Vancouver.