Happy Halloween! Here are some reminders for this week!
1) Weekly Emails
You should be receiving an email every Thursday, or Friday (at the latest) from your division manager. Please let Robert know at firstname.lastname@example.org if you do not receive an email by Friday with weekly reminders from your division manager. Before emailing about this, however, please check your spam and/or junk mail folder, as your group emails may be filtering there.
2) Volunteer Cheques
If you have not yet sent a volunteer deposit cheque or paid the $200 fee, please do so as soon as possible. Thank you to those families who have already submitted your volunteer deposit cheque. We will send a confirmation email shortly to all those families who have already submitted their deposit cheques. Here is some important information about volunteering:
If you are able to volunteer for RDYO this year, please drop off or mail a cheque for $200.00, postdated to June 2021, with your child’s name on the cheque memo field. If you fulfill your volunteer requirements, this cheque will be destroyed at the end of the season. If you decide not to volunteer, you can submit a cheque for $200.00, dated to the current day. You can also pay the $200 through PayPal, at the bottom of the RDYO Registration page linked here: https://www.rdyo.ca/join/registration/ (The Paypal option is only available for those who choose to NOT volunteer) Cheques should be sent to the address below:
Richmond Delta Youth Orchestra
Paulik Park P.O. Box 26064
Richmond, BC V6Y 3V3
Volunteer duties can include online help, such as supervising online Zoom rehearsals and email correspondence with parents and students in your division. We will also need in-person help, doing such tasks as student supervision and disinfecting the rehearsal space. Looking to future months, we will need help with concert preparation and setting up chairs. Please contact email@example.com if you have any questions or concerns.
3) Screening Form
RDYO Daily Screening Form (This needs to be filled out EVERY WEEK you will be attending in-person!)
- Every Friday prior to an in-person rehearsal, you must fill out this screening form and submit it online. If we do not receive the form, your child will not be able to attend their rehearsal on Saturday. The form will open at 9am on Friday morning.
What to Bring to Rehearsal
- Please remember to bring your instrument, a music stand, your music, a pencil, a mask, and hand sanitizer.
- There will not be music stands provided, so please ensure you bring one!
- When you arrive, please stay in your vehicle until 5 minutes prior to the start of your rehearsal. Someone will check you in and direct you to your seat in the rehearsal space.
- Please try to use the bathroom prior to leaving your home, as we have been asked to limit the washroom use as much as possible.
- Please follow signs and guides at all times and maintain 2m (6 feet) distance between others at all times as much as possible.
- Disinfectant wipes will be provided for musicians to wipe down their chairs before and after rehearsal.
- String players will be expected to wear a mask at all times while in the rehearsal building. Wind players will be expected to wear a mask while getting to their chair and any other movement within the rehearsal space. However, wind players are strongly advised to bring something to cover the bell of your instrument and a slotted mask that they can wear while playing their instrument.
- Only musicians and assigned parent volunteers will be allowed to enter the building to maintain distancing and group size requirements.
4) Sickness/Zoom Livestream for In-Person Rehearsals
If your musician is unable to attend rehearsal, please let your division manager know as soon as possible. This can be an absence due to illness, being unable to pass the screening form, or another event or activity. You do not need to email Nadia or Robert as long as your division manager is aware of the absence. There is an option to join every in-person rehearsal remotely over Zoom as well!