Dear RDYO families,
We are delighted to welcome new and returning families to RDYO for another season of music and learning. I have several important reminders for you:
- The registration deadline is Saturday, September 8th at 5:00 pm.
- Register here: https://www.rdyo.ca/registration/; Password: rdyo2018.
- After this date, the conductors will create their seating plans.
- If you have not registered by the end of Saturday, your name will be removed from this list and you will miss important news and updates.
- The deadline for ordering an RDYO T-shirt (required for all musicians) is Monday, September 10th at 5:00 pm.
- These are new shirts, replacing the old golf shirts.
- Link to order: https://rdyo-swag.itemorder.com/sale
- Tote bags and hoodies are optional (but fun).
AGM AND PARENT INFORMATION SESSION
- The AGM and Parent Information session will take place on Saturday, September 8th at 10:00 in Murdoch Hall, Brighouse United Church.
- We will be sharing a lot of important information about the upcoming year—please plan to attend.
- We are still in need of Board Members and Divisions Managers for the upcoming season. Please email our new Administrator, Nadia Petriw, for details. Nadia’s email is email@example.com.
FIRST DAY OF REHEARSAL
- Rehearsals begin on Saturday, September 15th
- Please check the “students” section of the RDYO website for information about rehearsal locations.
- Access the page here: https://www.rdyo.ca/students/; password: rdyo2018
- Intermediate Strings and Senior Strings are not rehearsing at Brighouse United Church this year; families in these divisions will need to check the website to confirm rehearsal location each week.
We are also pleased to welcome Nadia Petriw as our new RDYO Administrator!
Born and raised in Whitehorse, Yukon, Nadia began studying violin at the age of 4. She began playing piano at age 7, and picked up the French horn in high school. Nadia completed a Bachelor of Music in String Performance at Brandon University
in 2016. She was part of the National Youth Orchestra of Canada and performed as a soloist with the Queens College Chamber Orchestra. As well as performing, Nadia has taught in her own private violin and piano studio since 2008. She is currently working towards her Bachelor of Music Therapy at Capilano University in North Vancouver, BC.
I look forward to another wonderful orchestral season with all of you and your amazing young musicians!