Richmond Delta Youth Orchestra is creating a new community outreach program for Fall 2015 .
We will be offering a beginning violin class program through the City of Richmond for students with little or no previous musical experience.
1) Violin instructor – Beginning Violin Class
– teach group violin class for beginning students students with little or no previous musical experience.
– Monday after school time – approximately between 4-6 pm, exact time TBA
– classes would be held at Richmond Cultural Centre
The prefered candidate should:
- have a Bachelor of Music in Violin studies, with a Masters degree being preferred
- have a minimum of 5 years of private teaching experience, class room teaching and ensemble conducting experience would be a definite asset.
- be a strong team player, be able to work well with others.
Candidates needs to have a strong aptitude for, and enjoy working with young children. There also may be possibilities of other coaching and teaching opportunities within the RDYO family of ensembles including chamber coaching and sectional instruction.
Potential candidates should send a one page cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Closing date for applications or letters of interest is June 24, 2015