- We are busy preparing for our annual Music Development Camp at Camp Stillwood from October 11-13.
- If you want to take the bus, please ensure you bring the $35 payment to the admin table at Brighouse United Church on Saturday from 9am-2pm. This guarantees your ride to camp!
- Please submit your consent forms to the admin table at BUC or via email to email@example.com
- The schedule and packing list will be sent out later this week.
- A few more volunteer tasks to assist with camp have also been posted. Please sign up!
- If you have any questions about camp, please do not hesitate to contact Robert or Nadia.
- Our new shipment of purple t-shirts arrived! They are $11 each, and can be purchased from the admin table at BUC on Saturday from 9am-2pm.
- All camp attendees will need a purple t-shirt for the final concert
- All ensembles will need this shirt for outreach concerts throughout the year
- If you purchased the ticket package as part of your registration this year, please come to the admin table at BUC to pick up your voucher. This voucher will allow you to pick up your tickets throughout the year.
- Our annual concerto competition is open for registrations. The deadline to apply is October 15th! Policies and more details can be found here: Concerto Competition Application 2019/20
Welcome to a new year with the Richmond Delta Youth Orchestra. We hope you have enjoyed a smooth return to school and are ready for Orchestra rehearsals to resume this Saturday, September 14th. We are thrilled to have your family as part of our orchestra community this year.
Thank you to all the parents who attended our AGM, parent information session and parent social last Saturday. If you missed the meeting, please continue to check the website for updates, and a copy of the presentation. You can refer to the calendar on our site for all upcoming rehearsals/events.
We are preparing for another great year, and I have a couple of items to share with you before the season begins.
Our first rehearsal is this Saturday, September 14th. Please check the list below to confirm your rehearsal time and location.
|Symphony Orchestra||9:30 am – 12:00 pm||BUC Murdoch Hall|
|Senior Strings *||9:30 am – 11:45 pm||Performance Hall (Richmond Cultural Centre)|
|Intermediate Strings *||9:30 am – 11:15 am||Richmond Cultural Centre Atrium|
|Junior Strings||12:30 pm – 2:00 pm||BUC CE Bldg. – East|
|Senior Winds||12:30 pm – 2:00 pm||BUC Sanctuary|
|Junior Winds||12:30 pm – 2:00 pm||BUC Murdoch Hall|
|Chamber Ensembles||12:30 pm – 1:30pm||BUC Murdoch Hall Meeting Room|
*Intermediate and Senior Strings rehearsal locations will vary from week to week. Please check the Google calendar weekly to confirm your location. http://www.rdyo.ca/calendar/schedule/. Please also bring a music stand with your name and division on it to your rehearsals. (Only Intermediate and Senior Strings musicians)
Please review the RDYO Family Handbook and Membership Commitments documents, which can both be found on the students webpage. Please read this document and let me know if you have any questions. After reading it, please sign the final page of the Membership Commitments document and give it to your division manager before the end of September.
- We are still looking for volunteers for Division Manager for the following positions: Junior Strings and Senior Strings. Please let me know if you are able to fill this role, as our ensembles cannot run smoothly without it. Two people can take on the role if we hear from parents who would rather share the role.
- We are also looking for assistance with processing registrations on Saturday mornings and afternoons for the next few weeks. (Preferably someone who speaks Mandarin to help with translations.) Please respond to this email if you are willing to help out and please fill out your availability on this volunteer task sign-up form.
- Are you interested in helping with the RDYO library this year? We are looking for a volunteer from each division to assist in photocopying and collecting music for that ensemble. Please let me know if this interests you and I can send you additional details.
I look forward to seeing you on Saturday!
A few dates to add to your calendars before the year begins:
- RDYO AGM and Parent Social: Saturday, September 7, 2019 @ 10:00am
- We will be sharing a lot of important information about the upcoming season, as well as electing the new Board of Directors. We have several vacancies on the board, and we are always excited to have new parents join us at the table.
- Families who attend the AGM will receive one hour of volunteer credit. Board members fulfill all their volunteer hours by serving on the Board (although most Board members put in many additional hours of work behind the scenes).
- First rehearsal: Saturday, September 14, 2019
- Please check the RDYO Google Calendar to confirm your rehearsal location/time as well as markdown important dates (concerts, events, etc.) for the season
- Music Development Camp: Friday, October 11 to Sunday, October 13, 2019
- We are once again heading to Camp Stillwood over the Thanksgiving weekend! Look for a sign-up form in September, as you don’t want to miss one of the highlights of our year.
- RDYO Concerto Competition: Sunday, November 3, 2019
- Begin preparing your solo works for our annual RDYO concerto competition. Time and location will be released soon!