1) Become a Friend of the Orchestra
Become a friend of the orchestra and help us achieve our mission. Gifts from individuals are very important in maintaining the highest artistic standards and being able to deliver a much needed arts educational experience for our youth. Many Delta Youth Orchestra alumni are members of various professional orchestras throughout Canada, as well as leading music educators in school districts throughout British Columbia. Please lend your support to the Delta Youth Orchestra, so we can continue to enrich the lives of so many.
The Delta Symphony Society’s “Friends of the Orchestra” program, allows supporters to make a $100 tax deductible donation to the RDYO. In appreciation, the Society provides you with a concert card for admission to RDYO concerts throughout the year. In this evenings’ program, you will find a listing of the future performances of the RDYO.
Tuition fees alone do not cover the costs of hiring our faculty and paying for rehearsal space, instrument upkeep and sheet music. We need your support to maintain the high standards of excellence that we have sought hard to achieve for almost 40 years. The RDYO experience is not only about regular rehearsals and concerts, but also includes master classes with the finest musicians in our area, outreach concerts in our community, workshops and weekend retreats where our students who are from all over the Metro Vancouver region can get a chance to get to know one another and really come together as a true ensemble. These things are all vital to having a great youth orchestra experience.
Sponsorship dollars help us to:
- Keep tuition fees affordable for students and families.
- Offer scholarships to talented students who lack the financial means to attend
- Allow for master classes, workshops and other special events
- Expand our advertising and promotional efforts and allow us to communicate the important work we are doing to the community
- Keep concert ticket prices low and accessible for the general public and offer free concerts (outdoor and other public venues) at a number of locations
Why Support the Delta Symphony Society and the Richmond Delta Youth Orchestra?
- Enrich and enliven the cultural life of Delta through the development of a high quality arts training program.
- Help our young people develop and grow musically, socially, and intellectually.
- Associate your company with a positive, visible performing arts group in your community